Sebastien Haller diagnosed with testicular tumor weeks after joining Dortmund

New Borussia Dortmund recruit Sebastien Haller.


Sebastien Haller, who was recently signed by Borussia Dortmund, has departed their training facility after he was diagnosed with a testicular tumor, the Bundesliga team announced on Monday.

Sebastien Haller diagnosed with testicular tumor just days after signing a 4 year contract with Dortmund

The 28-year-old international from the Ivory Coast returned to Dortmund for medical evaluations after feeling ill.

Further examinations will now take place “over the coming days”.

“This news today came as a shock to Sebastien Haller and everyone else,” said Dortmund sporting director Sebastian Kehl.

“The entire BVB family hopes that Sebastien makes a full recovery as soon as possible and that we can give him a hug again soon.

“We’ll do everything in our power to ensure that he receives the best possible treatment.”

Haller will be away from the team indefinitely, according to the club.

Haller signed a four-year contract with Dortmund earlier this month after leaving a Dutch team Ajax Amsterdam for £30 million. 


New Borussia Dortmund recruit Sebastien Haller.


In a statement Haller released on Tuesday, July 19, 2022, the prolific striker expressed his gratitude to his new team and vowed to ‘come back stronger'.

In the statement which he shared on his social media pages, Haller said: ‘I want to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all these many warm messages received I was very moved to see these beautiful reactions and I even feel like I don’t deserve so much.

‘But I know that thanks to you it will only be one more test on our way. See you very soon in the ground to celebrate our next victories.

‘Thank you all for your many messages of support and affection since yesterday’s announcement. My family and I thank you. I will now focus on my recovery to come back stronger.’




Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post